By Charlie Johnston
We have a large snowstorm that is supposed to hit tonight, so I am headed back into the mountains this afternoon while I can. Once it snows seriously up there, I am there until it melts off. There are things I need to go on retreat to work on, so I am going to beat the rush.
Some have asked about Joseph Cronin. I will give updates from time to time, but now is the period of adjustment and waiting. I am in regular contact with the father, George, and in sporadic email contact with the grandfather – also Joseph. The whole family is now in New Jersey, staying with the grandfather for the time being. The situation is getting arranged as far as transfer of employment. There are many expenses related to all of this and I will let you know what you can do. But right now, they are adjusting to a big move and many changes, Joseph is doing well, showing spontaneous movement and reaction to stimuli. But it could be a long slog, so I want to just update you from time to time unless there were important news to convey and allow the family to adjust, for Joseph to continue to heal, without making them into a spectacle. Again, every time I talk to anyone in the family – which is at least every couple of days – they reiterate their profound gratitude for what all of you did, for how you lived solidarity in action with them when they so profoundly needed it. With this, God gave a foreshadowing of our path through the Storm.
Clearing comments and such may be a little slow today as I am in transit. Bear with me.