My name is Jen, and I’m leading our Local Connect project, with much help from my colleague Lisa and other members of the Next Right Step team. You can reach Lisa and me for any related matter or question at our project email address, TNRSLocalConnect@gmail.com. Please write to introduce yourself and get involved in creating or joining a Local Connect storm group in your area.
We already have a number of established groups getting together regularly around the USA. In fact, I have one I run in my local area south of Chicago. We call ourselves the Chicagoland Storm Group and get together each month at the same time and place, to share prayer, good food, and fellowship. We even have time to discuss ways to prepare for what is coming, and how to help each other not just survive but thrive through the Storm. In addition, we are spending more and more time getting ready to help others who may be blindsided by coming events. Such people will need care and resources to survive, and they will also need hope.
Here at The Next Right Step, we have put together a team of people to help you get in touch with an existing group near you or help you obtain from us or from an established group the support you will need to start your own group. We want to play a linking role by helping groups create and build a solid network of connections for mutual support. We want to help individuals who are looking for a group quickly find the one(s) nearest them. We also want to help everyone in our network share knowledge and resources, so those who know can teach those who want to know.
According to Charlie, in these troubled times the need is urgent. Events are accelerating. Please step up and get involved! Remember that you can email me at TNRSLocalConnect@gmail.com any time. You can also join the Next Right Step Private Forum (run by Tom Kuipers, another member of our team) at http://nextrightstep.forumotion.com/login to speak privately with friends in the equivalent of a “gated” online community.
May we be amazed how God will work to bring out the best in each and every one of us as we do the small things in front of us with love and trust. We are all in this together. Let’s get going!
Why and How?
Two members of our TNRS team, Doug and Lambzie, created one of the first TNRS storm groups, and they have now run their group for many months. Doug has written an inspiring article on why he and his wife decided to start a storm group and how they continue to make it successful and helpful. Their group now has attendance around 20-25 people a month, and much good has flowed from their work. Please click here to read and enjoy his writing. Then search below for a group near you, or start your own!
(NOTE: For our list of resources, Click Here.)
Get Involved in Our Network!
Below you will find a constantly growing list of groups located in various parts of the world – click on a group’s link to correspond with the group’s coordinator.
- Sacramento Nor-Cal TNRS Group – Coordinator: Jeanne Condon
- San Fran, CA TNRS Storm Group – Coordinator: Chris Lyford
- San Diego North County TNRS Storm Group – Coordinator: Steven Johnston
- District of Columbia
- Sebring, FL TNRS Storm Group – Coordinator: Joan E Holman
- South Florida TNRS Storm Group – Coordinator: John Bailey
- Chicagoland TNRS Group Gathering – Coordinator: Jen Byrd
- Danville, IL AMRC TNRS Group – Coordinator: Mary Timmons
- Guthrie Center, IA TNRS Storm Group – Coordinator: Faith O’Tool-Laboy
- Lafayette, IN TNRS Storm Group – Coordinator: Jacquie
- Billerica, MA Storm Group – Coordinator: Michael Chalsen
- Milford/Blackston, MA TNRS Storm Group – Coordinator: Tim and Sonya Doyle
- Western MA TNRS Storm Group – Coordinator: Dan and Jane Potvin
- Kenockee Storm Group – Coordinator: Mike and Rita Warfel
- Lansing/Jackson, MI TNRS Storm Group Coordinator: Charlie and Susan Domen
- Upper Peninsula, MI Storm Group – Coordinator: Joe and Tiffany Ampe
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- Newton, NJ TNRS Storm Group – Coordinator: Briana Elizabeth Paternoster
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Southern VT TNRS Storm Group – Coordinator: Dan and Jane Potvin
- Springfield, VT TNRS Storm Group – Coordinator: Father Peter Williams
- Bellingham, WA TNRS Storm Group – Coordinator: Mike and Cheryl Coder
- Yakima, WA TNRS Storm Group – Coordinator: MaryJo Gehlen
- West Virginia
Regional United States TNRS Meetings
International TNRS Meetings
- African Steppers
- Asian Steppers
- Aussie and New Zealand Steppers
- Canadian Steppers
- Central and South American Steppers
- European Steppers